71. Classification Linking
Levels 1 to 2
Staff members appointed to Level 1 will have access to progression
to Level 2 without promotion to a higher position in the following
- they have the skill, achieved either through training or experience, or a combination of both, to warrant such progression; and
- they perform duties which require the skill levels at Level 2.
Levels 3 to 4
Staff members appointed to Level 3 will have access to progression
to Level 4 without promotion to a higher position where they can show:
- A requirement to perform, or demonstration of having
performed in the current position, a range of duties which require
skill levels at the higher level (e.g. multi-skilling); and
- Attainment of the appropriate skill level, achieved through training or a combination of both, to warrant such progression; and
- Effective performance as per the relevant position descriptor level for at least one year.
The classification linking of professional staff from HEW Levels
2-3, 4-5, 5-6, and 6-7 will be governed by University policy. However,
nothing in this Agreement prevents the University, in its discretion
from amending or varying that policy throughout and beyond the nominal
life of the Agreement.