Skip to content | Change text size

When do records go to the University Archives?

Archives staff provide an appraisal service to all university faculties, departments and centres to determine records of permanent value which can be transferred to the archives collection.

Enquiries are also welcome from academic staff who would like guidance about the transfer of records they no longer require for their own use.  See Records of Academic Staff or contact the Archives

If you believe that you have records of permanent value that should be transferred to the University Archives, be sure to send them a list of what you hope to transfer first.  After the Archives have assessed the list, they can advise you on whether the material is suitable for transfer or not.